Do you want to work with us?
Luminaire is looking to hire a few new team members to join our growing team. If you think you should join the company but don't see the perfect position for you, send us a note at email@example.com and we'll talk.
Location: Seattle, WA or Austin, TX
You breathe life into silicon and copper and you have a passion for flavor. You have the ability to read a circuit schematic and opinions on how to make the best mashed potatoes. You mix the technical with the epicurean.
At Luminaire you will work with some of the most influential people in coffee and espresso culture. Your work will change how people brew and taste espresso and the products you develop will shift coffee culture for the better. You will get to see how features you develop go from concept, to implementation, to manufacturing, to marketing and sales, and into cafes around the world.
From new PCB layout strategies to pulling a better shot of espresso, Luminaire strives to support our team in learning new skills and honing existing ones. We hope you'll bring a passion for learning and sharing knowledge too.
Day to day activities
- Developing embedded firmware for custom PCBs
- Bringing up circuit boards in front of an espresso machine
- Interpreting bugs from the field, finding root causes, and implementing fixes
- Working with clients to integrate custom electrical HW with the rest of their product
- Translating user needs into firmware requirements
Your skills and experience
- 2+ years of experience with development in embedded C or C++ on baremetal systems
- Experience with writing firmware for an ARM or PIC MCU
- Knowledge of I2C, SPI, or UART
- Ability to read circuit schematics and component datasheets
- Experience bringing up circuit boards
- Experience with debugging tools (oscilloscope, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with an open source toolchain (GCC/clang, GDB, and/or OpenOCD)
- Experience with Altium
- Experience with Objective-C or another object oriented programming language
- Experience with Python
- Exposure to assembly language
- Familiarity with Linux
- Flexible schedule
- Part time options available
- Ability to work on side projects
- Opportunities for travel domestically and to Florence, Italy
To apply, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include some details about why you are a good fit.